Improving English communication is a must in today’s competitive world where English has become the global language of business. Lack of time is one of the main reasons for not doing enough to learn anything new. Today, let us look at some easy ways to improve your English. Although practice is the only key to learn something new, it is also important to stay dedicated to your goal.
9 tips to improve English
1. Make mistakes- Only when you speak in English and make mistakes,the others will be able to help you correct your mistakes. Therefore, speak English at all times.
2. Involve your family, friends and work colleagues in your objective to improve English. Let them know that you are dedicated to improving English and would want their support and guidance. Only when you are surrounded in an English speaking environment, would you be able to learn actively.
3. Don’t forget to practice the four main skills – reading, speaking, writing and listening. If you want to improve your English communication, you need to work on all the fours at the same time.
4. Learn at least five new words in a day. Carry a notebook with you at all times and write down a new word as soon as you hear it. Make sentences using the words and improve your vocabulary.
5. Don’t memorize words as you will soon forget them. Instead, remember an example where the word is being used. This way it is easier to remember the word and practice its use while speaking English.
6. Take test every week. There are ample online English speaking websites that will let you undertake a test. The score will definitely give you a motivation to work harder.
7. Set a long term goal- For instance, I will ask questions at the upcoming business conference without any hesitance. Once you have a goal, you have a motivation to work towards it.
8. Learn because you want to and not because you have to. If you love what you are doing, you will definitely achieve success.
9. Lastly, get help. If you are stuck at any point make sure to get your doubts cleared. You can join an online English program. It is the best way to learn a language and get the much needed confidence to speak in English. These online course providers let you enjoy sessions with an expert tutor and also mingle with other students who aim to learn English.
Remember, you are never too young or old to start learning a new language. Therefore, don’t make any excuse and start learning. Read an English newspaper daily for a few minutes, read out the articles loud and pen down your thoughts in a blog. To improve your listening skills, get that remote and turn on an English series. To improve any language skill, you need dedication and rest all will follow. All the best!
eAgeTutor.com is the premier online tutoring provider. eAge's world-class faculty and ace communication experts from around the globe help you to improve English in an all-round manner. Assignments and tasks based on a well-researched content developed by subject matter and industry experts can certainly fetch the most desired results for improving spoken English skills. Overcoming limitations is just a click of mouse away in this age of effective and advance communication technology. For further information on online English speaking course or to experience the wonders of virtual classroom fix a demonstration session with our tutor. Please visit www.eagetutor.com.
-By Shailja Varma
1. Subject, Predicate and Object
2. What are linking verbs?
3. Difference between ‘made of’ and ‘made from’
4. What are palindromes?
5. Over vs Under