Idioms are a great way to express your feelings. They are short and funny at times. Learning love idioms will help you express your feelings to your loved ones in a much more dramatic way. Let us learn a few idiomatic expressions about love that can add stars to your love life.
1. Blind date
A date where two people have never met before.
- I always wanted to go on a blind date.
- Meena was invited for a blind date.
2. Crazy about
To be very much in love with someone, to be very enthusiastic about something.
- The boy is crazy about the game.
- Shivaan is crazy about his new car.
To go on a date with someone, to have a date with someone.
- I am dating my boyfriend since 2012.
- Ritu saw her sister with a guy whom she was dating 2 years back.
4. Double date
A date where two couples go on a date and do something together.
- Yesterday, Rina and Rana went for a double date.
- Why don’t you guys go out for a double date?
5. Get hitched
To get married
- Priyanka is getting hitched to her boyfriend this year.
- Akshay asked the love birds as to when are they getting hitched.
6. Head over heels in love with
To be very much in love with someone. To be completely in love with someone.
- He was head over heels in love with her.
- Nitin fell head over heels in love when he saw her for the first time.
7. Love at first sight
To fall in love with someone or something the first time that you see him or her or it.
- It was love at first sight when I met Vishu.
- My love at first sight is Shahrukh Khan.
8. Dump (someone)
To end a relationship by telling someone that you do not want to see him or her again.
- Karthik dumped her girlfriend few days back.
- Meenal threw all her gifts given by Raj because she had dumped him.
9.Break up with (someone)
- To end a relationship with someone.
- They broke up after six years.
- Why don’t you break up with him?
10. Puppy love
Strong feelings of love (infatuation) usually between school-age children or teenagers.
- Harshal and Sayeli were in puppy love during school time.
- It was their puppy love that bloomed into a serious relationship after years.
Learning idioms might help you improve your communication skills in any situation. You can join a Spoken English course and develop fluency skills.
eAgeTutor.com is the premier online tutoring provider. eAge's world-class faculty and ace communication experts from around the globe help you to improve English in an all-round manner. Assignments and tasks based on a well-researched content developed by subject matter and industry experts can certainly fetch the most desired results for improving spoken English skills. Overcoming limitations is just a click of mouse away in this age of effective and advance communication technology. For further information on online English speaking course or to experience the wonders of virtual classroom fix a demonstration session with our tutor. Please visit www.eagetutor.com.
- By Shailja Varma
1. How to talk about the weather?
2. Learn the art of speaking hypothetically
3. How to Speak Clearly and Fluently?
4. Tips for Making Small Talk and Breaking the Ice
5. How to Learn English Real Fast?