After the USA, India is the second largest English speaking country. Although English might not be our first language, but many of us manage to speak in Basic English. No one can learn a language in one day, rather it’s a continuous process. We learn it, when we speak daily. Often while speaking, we don’t pronounce a word the way it is written. If we know how to pronounce a word, then it would be easier for us to speak in English fluently. Pronouncing the correct word is very much essential because without correct articulation, English language cannot be spoken fluently. Today, we will share some tips to improve pronunciation with tongue twisters.
Tongue twisters are phrases or sentences which generally consists of a combination of nearly similar sounds. Therefore when aticulating, it becomes difficult for the person to speak fast.
7 tongue twisters you must practice now
1. Betty Botter bought some butter
But she said the butter’s bitter
If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter
But a bit of better butter will make my batter better
So it was better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter
This tongue twister is a bit better than others. It will help improve your b sound.
2. She sells sea shells on the sea shore.
The sixth sick Sheikh's sixth sheep is sick.
This is one of the most difficult tongue twisters. It will help your s and sh sound.
3. Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
The above tongue twister will improve your p.
4. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy,was he?
You can improve your f and w letter sound with this twister.
5. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood
As a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood
Well, you can improve your ‘w’ and ‘c’ pronunciation.
6. The thirty-three thieves thought that they thrilled the throne throughout Thursday.
Improve your ‘th’ sound with the above tongue twister.
7. Susie works in a shoeshine shop. Where she shines she sits, and where she sits she shines.
The above tongue twister will improve your ‘sh’ pronunciation.
Tongue twisters are a fun way of improving English pronunciation. Practicing them daily is the best way of learning English.
eAgeTutor.com is the premier online tutoring provider. eAge's world-class faculty and ace communication experts from around the globe help you to improve English in an all-round manner. Assignments and tasks based on a well-researched content developed by subject matter and industry experts can certainly fetch the most desired results for improving spoken English skills. Overcoming limitations is just a click of mouse away in this age of effective and advance communication technology. For further information on online English speaking course or to experience the wonders of virtual classroom fix a demonstration session with our tutor. Please visit www.eagetutor.com.
-By Shailja Varma
1. Are you pronouncing these words right???
2. Top 5 Tips to Learn To Speak English Fluently
3. 8 Commonly Mispronounced Words in English
4. Fun English tongue twisters!
5. Why is correct ‘Speed’ important in Spoken English?