What are the Internal Genetal organs of Human Male?
- Head of epididymis
- Lobules of epididymis
- Body of epididymis
- Tail of epididymis
- Duct of epididymis
- Deferent duct (vas deferens)
Regions of Epididymis:
The epididymis can be divided into three main regions
- Known as Caput
- Receives spermatozoa via the efferent ducts of the mediastinum of the testis.
- It has a thin myoepithelium.
- Has dilute sperm
- Known as Corpus
- Known as Cauda.
- It has a thicker myoepithelium
- Has concentrated sperm.
Histology of epididymis
- Covered by a pseudostratified epithelium composed of short basal cells and tall principal cells with non-motile stereocilia.
- Basement separated the epithelium from the connective tissue wall.
Role in storage of sperm and ejaculant
During ejaculation, sperm flow from the lower portion of the epididymis. Here sperms are in inactive mode and can’t able to swim. They transported to the vas deferens, and are mixed with the diluting fluids of the seminal vesicles and other accessory glands prior to ejaculation. This is known as formation of semen.
Sperm production begins at puberty at continues throughout life. Millions of sperms are being produced each day.
After the formation it moves into the epididymis get matured mature and are stored.
Male Sex Hormones:
LH is controlled by the GnRH. LH stimulates cells in the seminiferous tubules to secrete testosterone, This hormone plays an important role in sperm production and it helps to develop male secondary sex characteristics.
FSH help in sperm maturation. Negative feedback by testosterone controls the actions of GnRH.
- Sperm pass through the vas deferens
- Vas deference connects to the urethra through a ejaculatory duct.
- The urethra passes through the penis and opens to the outside.
- Secretions from the seminal vesicles add fructose and prostaglandins to sperm as they pass.
- The prostate gland secretes a milky alkaline fluid.
- The bulbourethral gland secretes a mucus-like fluid that provides lubrication for intercourse.
- Sperm and secretions make up semen.
Want to know more about male internal genital Organs’? Click here to schedule live homework help from a certified tutor!
About eAge Tutoring
eAgeTutor.com is the premium online tutoring provider. Using materials developed by highly qualified educators and leading content developers, a team of top-notch software experts, and a group of passionate educators, eAgeTutor works to ensure the success and satisfaction of all of its students.
Contact us today to learn more about our guaranteed results and discuss how we can help make the dreams of the student in your life come true!