"The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary."
-Sam Walton, Founder of Wal-Mart
As a retailer, it is crucial to understand that customers are perhaps the most valuable asset to your company. Hence, it goes without saying that improving the overall customer experience and building a relationship is critical for continued success.
Effective Communication is the key:
The fundamental fact of building a relationship to enhance sales completely relies on your communication skills and pattern. For which, you could work on developing and improving your spoken- English skills and brush up on your English language. In addition, you have to understand the fact that 'customer loyalty' and 'repeat businesses' are the keystone to your business objective and triumph.
Building a relationship with a customer isn't as easy a task as it sounds. Let's take a look at some of the handy tips that you could use:
1. Keep it Genuine: Keep your customers happy and content with what you have to offer. It is significant for you to be available for them as and when an issue arises. Happy customers always spread a good word about your company or brand. While conversing with your customers address them by their name and make sure to keep the interaction genuine with a smile. Also, learn to be empathetic towards your customers.
Example: "Good Evening Mr. Prakash Amin. Hope you're having a good day!"
2. Don't come across too strong: Patience is the key to a good customer relationship. Keeping your patience intact presents you with the grand opportunity of interpreting your customer's mood and trying to resolve the issue at the desired pace. Holding your endurance is the basis to give your customer the time to air out their issue. Make your customer comfortable and make sure to coax them to share valuable feedback to avoid any unpleasant occurrence in the future.
Example: "Mr. Amin, I heard that you were facing an issue. I am here to resolve it. Could you please tell me your concern so that I can solve your issue, right away?"
3. Offer ongoing support: Providing your customer with a bonus always earns your company extra brownie points. Do everything in your power to provide excellent service on an ongoing basis. Be quick and apt in responding, and be ready to present your ace customers with discounted prices and free service special offers to help customers develop a sense of loyalty in your brand.
Example: "Mr. Amin, since you are one of our most esteemed and valuable customers, we are extending you with our special discounted rates and free service for the next six months."
Any customer would love to converse with a well- spoken retail executive. Leave no stone unturned in giving the customer exactly what they are looking for. Polish and sharpen your English communication skills and develop a knack of the English language to be able to impress your customers and simultaneously enhance sales.
eAgeTutor.com is a premier online English learning institute. eAge's world class faculty and ace communication experts, from around the globe, help you to improve in an all-round manner. Assignments and tasks based well-researched content developed by subject matter and industry experts can certainly fetch the most desired results for improving spoken English skills. In this age of effective and advance communication technology, online spoken English programs are the most effective and convenient way to learn English.
For further information on our online English speaking courses or to experience the wonders of the virtual classroom, fix a demonstration session with our tutor.
- By Monika Agarwal
- The art of handling unhappy customers on a call.
- How to convert a window-shopper to a real customer?
- How to motivate a disinterested customer to buy?
- How to make an effective sales call?
- 5 Negotiation tips and tricks.