Phases of Periods
Beginning of menstruation is called as the menstrual cycle. In the middle of this menstrual cycle the ovulation happens.
Ovulation denotes the release of ova or egg. Only one ova released from the ovary approximately once/month. If the ovum is fertilized by a sperm after the sexual intercourse it will start its growth as embryo which turns into a fetus and after a period of 9 months and a week it will be delivered as a baby through the vaginal opening.
The menstrual cycle has many phases. The average length of each phase is different from each other.
Menstruation is a bleeding occurs in a specific period of time. This menstrual flow indicates that the woman is not pregnant.
If a sexually active women misses this menstrual cycle gives the first sign of the chance of being pregnant.
Eumenorrhea is the condition of being in a state of normal, regular menstruation that lasts for a few days in a month.
Approximately 3 to 5 days or most of the women and in some cases it lasts for 2-7 days.
10ml to 80 ml blood loss calculated as normal. Plasmin is the enzyme which restrict the blood clotting in the menstrual fluid.
- Menstrual flow occurs if ovum is not fertilized.
- Hormone levels of progesterone and estrogens are low.
- Also named as proliferative phase
- Uterus lining grows, or proliferate.
Few ovarian follicles are stimulated because of the high level of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH).
A new layer of endometrium is formed because of the estrogen hormone. It also stimulates crypts in the cervix to produce fertile cervical mucus, which may be noticed by women practicing fertility awareness.
- Mature follicle ruptures
- Ovum released
- Fertilization occur.
- Also known as the secretary phase.
- Egg has been released from the ovary into the fallopian tube.
- The corpus luteum degenerates and progesterone and estrogen secretions will be stopped if fertilization does not occur.
- It results with the menstruation by shedding uterus lining.
- The corpus luteum remains intact and secretes increasing quantities of steroid hormone if pregnancy occurs. It helps for the development of fetus till child birth.
Want to know more about “Menstrual Cycle?” Click here to schedule live homework help from a certified tutor!
About eAge Tutoring
eAgeTutor.com is the premium online tutoring provider. Using materials developed by highly qualified educators and leading content developers, a team of top-notch software experts, and a group of passionate educators, eAgeTutor works to ensure the success and satisfaction of all of its students.
Contact us today to learn more about our guaranteed results and discuss how we can help make the dreams of the student in your life come true!