What is an Interview? :
A methodical and important way of conversation about a job opportunity is known as interview. Interview is of immense significance because through this both the interviewer and the interviewee exchange relevant information.
The interviewer tries to determine whether the person is suitable for the job and interviewee tries to impress and create a positive impact in the mind of the interviewer.
Interview Do’s and Don’ts
DO’s AND DON’TS
To become successful in an interview, you need to prepare yourself very well for it.
Some of the do’s and don’ts of interview are stated below:
- Do prepare for the different kinds of probable questions that can be asked by the interviewer.
- Do prepare your answers for questions related to your past experience.
- Do wear a formal dress while going for an interview.
- Be aware of the job location. You should know the exact location and time of interview. If you are unable to locate the place, call the recruiter and ask for direction.
- You should reach the location at least 10 minutes before the start of the interview.
- If you are required to fill up any application, do fill it up properly and accurately.
- Carry some extra copies of resumes when attending an interview.
- Do wait until you are offered a chair to sit.
- Sit straight and remain alert all throughout the interview.
- Your body language should be very positive.
- Ask good and intelligent questions (about the job or the company)
- Do try to give prompt and to the point answers to the questions.
- Do show that you are confident and enthusiastic,and have a high energy level.
- Do talk about your achievements.
- Talk very confidently and also very fluently in English.
- Don’t wear casual attire to an interview.
- Don’t reach late on the day of interview. In case if you’re running late call the recruiter and let them know about it.
- Do not show lack of interest or be lethargic during the interview.
- Don’t hesitate while speaking. If you hesitate and stammer, it will create a bad impression in the mind of the interviewer.
- Do not talk anything negative about yourself.
- Don’t sit silent at the time of interview. Be inquisitive and try to ask intelligent questions related to the job, company.
- Don’t ask about salary, leave policy until you get an offer from the interviewer.
- If you are planning to leave your present company and joining a new one, do not give any negative information about your colleagues, supervisors, or bosses.
- Don’t chew gum or smoke cigarette during an interview.
- Don’t lie but don’t be soft spoken. Be confident and face the interview confidently and smartly.
Want to know more about “Do’s and Don’ts at an interview?” Click here to schedule live online session with e Tutor!
About eAge Tutoring:
eAgeTutor.com is the premier online tutoring provider. eAge’s world class faculty and ace communication experts from around the globe help you to improve in an all round manner. Assignments and tasks based on a well researched content developed by subject matter and industry experts can certainly fetch the most desired results for improving spoken English skills. Overcoming limitations is just a click of mouse away in this age of effective and advance communication technology. For further information on online English speaking course or to experience the wonders of virtual classroom fix a demonstration session with our tutor. Please visit www.eagetutor.com.
Contact us today to know more about our spoken English program and experience the exciting world of e-learning.