English Guide: Practical Tips for Better English Communication
What is Implantation?
Implantation occur early stage of after the fertilization the embryo adheres to the wall of uterus. The embryo is in the blastocyst state. The fetus receives the oxygen for respiration and the nutrients from the mother induce its growth.
When does implantation occur?
Approximately 9 days after ovulation the implantation occurs in the uterus. If any problem persists in this period the embryo may fail to implant itself in the uterus and the pregnancy will not occur.
The implantation window
"Implantation window" is the particular period for implantation process to be occured in female’s body. Implantation does not occur at this time, then it indicates that something is wrong. This may lead to miscarriage rather than the continued pregnancy of a malformed fetus. Miscarriage means the baby would automatically aborted by the body and the uterus expel the malformed fetus through the vagina. It will be painful for the mother and it has many emotional feelings also. This may psychologically affect the mother. But sometimes instead of giving birth to a malformed or handicapped child miscarriage is acceptable by the mother and she may have the feeling of giving birth to a baby again.
The implantation window is started by preparations in the endometrium of the uterus, both structurally and in the composition of its secretions.
Adaption of uterus
The uterus would be ready to receive the embryo. It makes itself in the prepared state for the implantation. The uterine walls made up of endometrium will get ready to support the embryo.
- Thickness of the endometrium increases
- More vascularized
- Glands grow for more secretions.
- All the changes happen approximately 7 days after ovulation.
- A kind of rounded cells prepared by endometrium cover the area toward the uterine cavity.
- It may take about 9 to 10 days after ovulation.
- The layer of decidual cells is shed off in every menstruation
- Decidualization succeeds predecidualization if pregnancy occurs.
Parts of decidua
- The decidua has separate sections, but all with same composition.
- Located basalolateral to the embryo after implantation.
- Grows over the embryo and cover it
- All other decidua on the uterine surface belongs to decidua parietalis.
Want to know more about “Mechanisms of implantation?” Click here to schedule live homework help from a certified tutor!
About eAge Tutoring:
eAgeTutor.com is the premium online tutoring provider. Using materials developed by highly qualified educators and leading content developers, a team of top-notch software experts, and a group of passionate educators, eAgeTutor works to ensure the success and satisfaction of all of its students.
Contact us today to learn more about our guaranteed results and discuss how we can help make the dreams of the student in your life come true!